Date and Time
Tuesday July 11, 2023 at 6:00 PM
C. Clark (remote), K. Scott (remote), L. Spann (remote), M. Mehta (remote), N. Long (remote), R. Oglesby (remote)
Takisha Anderson (remote)
I. Opening Items
Call the Meeting to Order
II. Executive Director Report
Takisha Anderson, Director of Operations, filled in for the ED, Brian King.
- 110 enrolled
- Approximately 55 5th grade and 55 6th grade
- Still looking for a 5th grade teacher and a special ed teacher
- We are actively interviewing for the special ed teacher
- We are still recruiting for the 5th grade teacher
- Still looking for front desk staff person
- Planning Back to School Bash at Greenbriar Mall
- Planning to continue canvassing after school starts. Will need assistance with canvassing.
- Ribbon cutting
- July 29
- 11 a.m.
- Back to School Bash
- After the ribbon cutting
- July 29
- 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.
- School begins August 2
- The landlord is
- Replacing AC units
- Painting and cleaning
- Replacing the floors in the restrooms
- We don't yet have a certificate of occupancy. Fire department will do walkthrough on July 25.
- In the process of getting exterior signage.
IV. Finance Committee
Balance Sheet Review
No discussion - Brian didn't share balance sheet.
But there are no major concerns as we prepare to start the school year.
Pending Large Obligations
- Looking for HR, legal and fundraising experience.
- Rae will reach out to United Way VIP
- Asking board members to please reach out to their network
VI. Other Business
In Person Board Meetings
- We are allowed to meet virtually because we are statewide, but we can still meet in-person meeting each quarter.
- It should still have a virtual option for people who cannot attend
- Start in September with in person on Saturdays, mid morning
- Board Chair Nicole Long will talk to Brian about this recommendation and will get confirmation about if we need to vote on it.
- Board Chair Nicole Long will take to ED Brian King to ensure we have the necessary documents ahead of each meeting to allow us to prepare.