Alpha Public Schools
May Governance Committee Meeting
Date and Time
(213) 992-5129 Participant PIN #32722
Instructions for Presentation to the Board by Parents and Citizens
Alpha Public Schools (“Alpha”) welcomes all members of the public to attend our meetings. We request that attendees requiring translation notify us in advance so that we can ensure an interpreter is available to meet your needs.
The purpose of a public meeting of the Board of Directors (“Board”) is to conduct the affairs
of Alpha in public. We are pleased that you are in attendance and hope that you will visit
these meetings often. Your participation assures us of continuing community interest in
To assist you in the ease of speaking/participating in our meetings, the following
guidelines are provided:
1. Agendas are available to all audience members at the door to the meeting.
2. “Request to Speak” forms are available to all audience members who wish to speak
on any agenda item(s) or under the general category of “Public Comment.” All
“Request to Speak” forms must be submitted prior to the agendized item.
3. “Public Comment” is set aside for members of the audience to raise issues that are not
specifically on the agenda. However, due to public meeting laws, the Board can only
listen to your issue, not respond or take action. These presentations are limited to three
(3) minutes each and total time allotted to non-agenda items will not exceed fifteen
(15) minutes. The Board may give direction to staff to respond to your concern.
4. With regard to items that are on the agenda, you may specify that agenda item on
your request form and you will be given an opportunity to speak for up to three (3)
minutes when the Board discusses that item.
5. When addressing the Board, speakers are requested to state their name and address
and adhere to the time limits set forth.
6. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and upon request, Alpha
may furnish reasonable auxiliary aids and services to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Individuals who require appropriate alternative modification of the agenda
in order to participate in Board meetings are invited to contact the Board Secretary’s
7. If you have any questions or need any assistance in participating in the Alpha Board
meeting, please contact Angelica Ruiz at email@example.com or
(408)780-1550 x 102
|I.||Opening Items||5:00 PM|
|A.||Record Attendance and Guests||Adam Hendricks||1 m|
|B.||Call the Meeting to Order||Adam Hendricks||1 m|
|A.||Board Committee / WG Self-Evaluation and Goal Setting||Discuss||Adam Hendricks||10 m|
|B.||Committee Formalization||Discuss||10 m|
|C.||Parent Board Recruiting Update||FYI||Shara Hegde||5 m|
|D.||CEO Compensation Process||Discuss||Brandon Paige||5 m|
|E.||CEO Evaluation Process||Discuss||15 m|
|III.||Closing Items||5:47 PM|