Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee
GDPST Board of Directors' Meeting
Date and Time
Thursday September 7, 2023 at 4:00 PM
We will meet at Fairley High School in room 122. For those unable to join in-person, please join via the zoom link below.
Topic: GDPST Board of Directors Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 846 5521 1685
A. Allen (remote), P. Egwuekwe (remote), P. Velasquez (remote), T. Monger, T. Young (remote)
J. Hamilton, J. Rodgers, M. Utley
I. Opening Items
Record Attendance and Guests
Call the Meeting to Order
J. Rodgers led the Public Comment.
- The Board has allocated 10 minutes for public comment. Speakers will be allocated 3 minutes to speak.
- If you would like to provide public comment, please use the "raise hand" function on Zoom. We will call on you and unmute you so you can provide public comment. Please identify yourself at the beginning of your comment for the record.
No public comments were made.
J. Rodgers led the Mission Moment.
Highlighted Dr. Johnson, the principal at Kirby Middle School.
II. Consent Agenda
Minutes from May 25, 2023, GDPST Board of Directors Meeting
SY24 Non-Competitive Grant Spending Approval
III. GDPST Board Vote
FY24 Student Policy Manual Updates
IV. GDPST Strategic Priorities Updates
GDPST College Ready Learners
C. Austin led the GDPST College Ready Learners discussion.
- Green Dot's 4 Strategic Pillars guide our work. Organization-wide, we have an aligned set of strategies, core practices, and goals. Each region determines the specific initiatives and innovations they implement to achieve those goals. Regions use shared relevant metrics to track progress and make data-driven decisions.
GDPST Engaged Parents and Community Enrollment Update
J. Rodgers led the GDPST Engaged Parents and Community Enrollment Updates.
- Fairley Authorization
Highly Effective Team
J. Rodgers led the Highly Effective Team Updates.
- Human Capital
- Current Wins
- Areas of Opportunity
- Next Steps
K. Payne led the (Development) Replicable Model Updates.
- Continuing to advance Cecilia's priorities and build new relationships to broaden Green Dot's donor base and more closely connect donors and corporate sponsors with Green Dot's programs. The following are my key focus fundraising priorities this year to advance that goal.
P. Adams led the (Operations) Replicable Model Updates.
- SY24 Non-Competitive Grant Spending Approval.
J. Rodgers led the (Governance) Replicable Model Updates.
- Tennessee Governing Board Training 2023
- As a reminder, new board members must complete six (6) training hours within twelve (12) months of joining a governing body of a charter school, and experienced board members must complete four (4) training hours. The deadline for experienced board members is November 15th.